Monday, March 15, 2010

Search.

Kept my eyes open,
on the lookout,
in front of me,
a huge crowd.

Tracing back to
a familiar place,
trying to relive
memories from younger days.

Back then,
things were simpler
and probably with no clues
about the future.

Every single time here
was about fun and the team,
till one day I saw,
you across the street.

It was like natural response
yet so unreal,
as my eyes
were simply drawn to you.

The way you performed,
that stood out,
displaying character,
that i very much sought.

The first step the toughest
made me ponder over and over
before i dare make the
unforgettable venture.

That took care of the start,
of how we met,
what follows was not great,
but not entirely bad.

Perhaps a matter of personality,
likes and habit,
that put us poles apart,
then i realize we can't bridge.

Throw in distance.
and reduce the time on hand.
We are not measuring speed,
but the heartache separation can land.

Days followed where I felt,
that things can't go on anymore,
took the plunge,
and whatever we knew just took the fall.

Try erasing the hurt,
but the memory will still last,
for its never really possible
to let go of the past.

I could remember being like the dwarf
who was so taken by the white lady,
Just to see her once again,
he became the first of his kind to cross the sea.

So what would i do,
if once again i see you.
The words that comes to my mind,
are distinctly few.

A little hope still exist,
if we could turn back time
take a different turn,
through another choice.

But where are you,
where are you,
I'm searching,
keeping my eyes peeled.

No comments: