Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snake

They call it good luck,
I say its an omen.


It has carefully made it ways around the masses
Body slither through the little gaps between people
But it does not escape my eyes.

Went forward and roused it attention.

It turned,
hissing and starting towards my direction.

In seconds,
it became larger,
so large it could swallow me whole,
in just one shot.

As its mouth opened,
I attacked,
with the stick in my hand.

Trying to keep its jaws open
with the stick in a vertical stand.

Failure it was,
as I saw my stick being swallowed whole
but lucky it wasn't me.

A gaze was placed on me,
I am the focus,
and defenseless.

Took a leap forward
and grasp what i presume to be,
the neck.

Now safe from the vicious jaws
but found myself
a possible victim of it body
that can coil me up within
and deliver
a breathless death.

An indeed i met such a scene
nearly right out of my dream.

No comments: