Saturday, September 13, 2008

A few strokes to One

Across me an empty seat.
Laid out on the table,
my phone and this notebook here.
Trumpets echoes in the background
with drumbeats in its company.
That's the music playing,
black speakers around us all.
Us in reference to me and the rest
who has taken a seat in this corner
identified by wooden flooring
and the signboard hanging above.

Half an hour here too early
but definitely deliberately
done to avoid the unnecessary
waiting that shall await us
should we be here a bit too late.

The conditioning system chills me
with a cooling breeze
and I think the cold
that has came running to me
for the week so far
would be glad to hitch such a ride
from this unsuspecting breeze.

It's getting noisy
though the people are few
guess its the people flooding
into this basement.

Wonder if its just me
or a coincidence
I'm beginning to see,
the seats around me are empty
and ticks my wondering.

I'm holding on to this seat
while waiting
for my friend's coming.
She's not late
just me who's early.

No comments: